With the new year here, it is safe to say that you have a lot of hope for the future of your business. While there are sure to be challenges in 2015, if you play your cards right you know you are in position to do big things.
You don’t want to wait any longer to settle on your marketing strategy for the new year. If you are still lagging behind in this area of your business, here are five questions to answer without delay:
- What worked for you, in terms of marketing, in 2014? Once you know the answer to this question, you should implement a plan that allows you to take advantage of more of the same in 2015.
- What didn’t work for your business last year? It is safe to say that some of your marketing tactics flopped. There is nothing wrong with this, as long as you don’t repeat the same mistakes in the future. You don’t want to continually waste time and money on strategies that don’t generate results.
- Do you have any new ideas to experiment with? It is always a good idea to keep an open mind when it comes to your marketing strategy. If you neglected to experiment with new ideas last year, now is the time to change your way of thinking.
- Are you taking advantage of social media? This is one of the most powerful ways to market your company and reach a large audience. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn are just a few of the many social media services to focus on. You don’t want to neglect this area of online marketing any longer.
- Do you need help? Some companies have enough people on staff to handle all marketing related tasks. Others, however, need to reach out for assistance. There are individuals and companies that can help with everything from content creation to social media management and much more.
It may take some time to answer these questions, among others, so there is no reason to be in a rush. As long as you are searching for answers and moving forward, you will eventually end up in a good place.
You have the entire year ahead of you, so now is the time to settle on a marketing plan that you can trust. Answering the questions above will help you move forward in a confident manner.
Peg McDermott is an award-winning marketing communications expert,Internet marketing specialist, and public speaker. Peg is the founder and president of COGO Interactive, an innovative Internet Marketing firm specializing in helping small to mid-sized businesses increase revenue and awareness by leveraging Social Media Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. She can be found on Google +, LinkedIn, Twitter, and thecogoblog.com